Saturday, March 23, 2013

A new start...



I started this new journey back in December.  I went to see my new doctor in early December for a check up and to have a lot of blood work done.  I had been feeling so sluggish and drained.  The blood work showed some stuff I already knew (high triglycerides, cholesterol, etc...) as well as a new issue (low Vitamin D ~ my level was 26.  While anything under 30 is considered low, you ideally need to be in the 70+ range for good health).  Low vitamin D  can cause weak bones, depression, sluggishness (which my depression doesn't help, either), among other things.

It is mid March and I have only lost 13 pounds since then. While I am happy that 13 pounds are gone for good, it sucks that I haven't lost more.  I would be at -30 had I been consistent with this whole deal.

So, I started off in December 2012 at 237.  As of today (March 23, 2013), I am 224.  My ultimate goal weight is 145.  I have quite a ways to go and I actually wanna get there this time!!  Enough is enough!!

It is TIME to get serious.  I mean fo' seriously!!

At the moment, I have yet another foot injury.  I have Metatarsalgia, which is inflammation of the metatarsal bones in my foot.  Oy, it hurts worse than the stress fracture I had last year!  I couldn't walk two days ago.  I couldn't put any weight on it at all.  So, I headed in to see the orthopedic and he told me what I had and put me in a new boot because my air boot wasn't helping at all (I had put it on in attempt to walk into the drs office).  He put me in a sandal looking boot that doesn't have a sole under the toe area.  It is called a Darco shoe.  


Isn't it lovely?  Well, I don't care what it looks like because this thing is a freaking miracle!  It has made my pain reduce dramatically just in ONE DAY!!  Don't get me wrong, it still hurts, but it feels 80% better now!! It takes the pressure off your forefoot area and distributes it back in the heel.  AH-maZING!!

He told me not to go back to the gym for cardio for 2 weeks.  Not til I come back for a check up, but I do plan on getting some crunch time in and maybe some arm exercises in with the weights I have.  Maybe some wall push ups or something.  I have to do something.  I also dropped my cals down from 1400 to 1200 just til I can get back to the gym.  
I just need to make sure my plate looks a bit more like this (below).  I am cutting out ALL sodas.  Nothing but water and tea and a bit of coffee every day.  If I get hungry between meals, I plan on having hot green tea FIRST to see if that will take the hunger away.  


Tomorrow is going to be a little challenging, I think.  We are celebrating my PawPaw's 85th birthday here at my house.  I suggested we just do sandwiches with sides.  I am making a delish (one of my fave spring/summer recipes) cucumber, tomato and red onion salad.  It is tossed with red wine vinegar and a bit of olive oil.  SO good.  I am sure some fatty stuffs will be here (including the cake I ordered for him), but I do intend on following the plate above and staying below my 1200 for the day.  I have already logged my foods on MFP for breakfast, lunch and dinner and I have several hundred left to go a bit if I decide to have a small piece of cake or something that someone else is bringing.  It will all work out :)







No comments:

Post a Comment